2016年2月11日 星期四

You've Got Mail - 02. FOX is coming soon

INT. CONSTRUCTION SITE - DAY 

WORKERS, ELECTRICIANS, MASONS, CARPENTERS, etc. in the process of building what looks like a large store. Wires hanging everywhere. 

KEVIN - The electrical contractor called. His truck hit a deer last night, he won't be in 'til tomorrow. And upstairs the shelves are late because the shipment of pine had beetles. 

JOE - Very good, very good. 

KEVIN - And we got a $50,000 ticket for workers peeing off the roof.

JOE - Great, that is great. Is the electrician here today?

KEVIN - Say,I just told you...he hit a deer, man. I knew you weren't listening to me.

JOE - You're right. I wasn't. I hear nothing. Nothing. Not a sound on the city streets, just the beat of my own heart. I think that's how it goes. Something like that. 

KEVIN (beginning to glean something) - You and Patricia get engaged, didn't you? You can tell me.

JOE - Engaged? Are you crazy? 

KEVIN - What, I thought you liked Patricia...

JOE - I do. I do. I love Patricia. I love Patricia. Patricia is....Patricia's amazing. Patricia makes coffee nervous. (suddenly all business) Hey, you know what, we should announce ourselves to the neighborhood. let they know, here we come. 

KEVIN - Well, I don't know, This is the Upper West Side. We might as well tell them we're opening a crack house. They're going to hate us. Soon as they hear, they'll be lining up...to picket the big bad chain store.

KEVIN - that's out to destroys...

JOE - ....everything they hold dear. You know, we're going to seduce them. We are going to seduce them with our square footage...and our discounts, and our deep armchairs... and...

KEVIN & JOE - ..our cappuccino.

JOE - That's right. The're going to hate us at the beginning... but...

KEVIN & JOE - we'll get them in the end...

JOE - And you know why?

KEVIN - Why?

JOE - Because we'll sell them cheap books and legal addictive stimulants. In the meantime, we'll just put up a big sign: ''Coming soon, a Fox Books Superstore. The End of Civilization...as you know it.


沒有留言:

張貼留言